Getting from IT Consulting/Software Development to a Management Role

Posted In: IT Consulting

• Ryan Caleb
    Participant
    Ryan Caleb on #1001

Hi,

I have a tech background with international experience and I’m looking for a career change to management.

Which business school or other way of advancing my career would you recommend that doesn’t require me to quit my job?

I have been working as a software developer part time since I went to high-school.

For the last 6 years I have been I have been working as a senior consultant for different Scandinavian IT consulting firms, even though I didn’t finish my bachelor’s degree before earlier this year (I just turned 30).

I was one of the best in my year, though my grades could have been better, had I been more interested in my studies. I really only finished my degree to be done with it (it took me 8 years).

Even though my job pays well, I lack the enthusiasm to pursue this career path further. I just feel there is more to my personality than sitting in front of a computer screen all day.

I don’t mean to brag, but I’ve taken classes in psychotherapy, communication and lifecoaching, which I feel has given me better skills in handling clients than my co-workers.

Having a non-Scandinavian background probably also helps as I don’t perceive Scandinavian culture as very service-minded (in my opinion, most people are too “shy” to follow up clients properly, at least in IT).

Please help.

Thanks!

I didn’t find the right solution from the Internet.

References:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/getting-from-it-consulting-software-development-to-a-management-role-240935.html

Business Promotional Examples

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.